Popular Posts

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bombay Brown Leather Journal

This time I find myself reviewing the Bombay Brown Leather Journal (available exclusively from Barnes & Nobles). I received this journal about a year ago, but wanted to give it some good use before I reviewed it.

The leather is rather good quality leather. It is not very thick, but it is very durable and could probably endure a fair amount of abuse. The leather doesn't get scratch marks like some other leathers, which provides for a more 'perfect' journal, but also subtracts from the character.

The paper within the journal is thicker than your standard copy paper, but other than that, it is normal. It is not "acid-free," parchment, or recycled but rater just plain (and thick) yellow paper.

The journal is small, measuring in as 4" x 6", but that makes for a good, personal touch. The journal can also be ordered in black, or can be ordered as a 6" x 8.5".

Overall, I would recommend this journal. It's inexpensive price (around $9) is extremely reasonable for the quality you get. However, if you would prefer to go all-out and spend a ton of money on a leather journal, I would recommend getting a refillable pull-up leather journal (8 1/2 x 11) with a basic screwpost. Col. Littleton make a journal that fits in the middle of these two, and it is refillable. The refills can be ordered blank, lined, or for golfing or fishing.




6 comments:

  1. Thanks! You just sealed the deal. I am getting the 6x8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.
    leather belt pouch

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for this great read !! I definitely enjoy every bit of it. Smile. I have to bookmark to see new things you post. refillable leather journals

    ReplyDelete